Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Photography Appreciation


It is amazing how the imagery culture has sunken in in Californians like in no other place on earth. Even Journalistic photo assignments are stunning like this photo of the 82nd ceremony prep up. Look a the camera angle added to the lens wide-angle, the timeless colors derived from the academy awards sign background and the bluer than normal sky. Palm trees announce the proximity to a coast and judging by the worker's outfit it is not the east coast.
I like this picture very much. To be fair and honest the only downside I see on this shot is that I am not the author so I simply do not have bragging rights on it. Exhilarating and stunning. though. Now lets move to the next picture and lets evaluate the caliber of the female dancer's legs. It is been a while since I have not seen real dance-o-rama dancer legs. Apparently this years budget regained weight and length so here is exhibit A to probe it.
Lets face it, dancing is not for everybody, it was meant for very skilled people with a high level of coordination and"je ne se pas qui" I-don't know what" in every move. It demands long legs and fast hips, good facial expression and a knight-like posture, class in every move. Some times I catch myself walking like I am way older than I am and simply don't know why but that's OK since I am not a professional dancer. Had I been one of them, that would have been a sign of the times, trying to prompt me on a career switch-over during the final laps of the race. These guys you see on the picture, are also having fun, its the Oscars baby! Now lets review the colors, perfect black and whites, nicely blended with skin and gold, from left to right in degradee, starting from a beautiful brunette down to a platinum blond in full swing. These kind of pictures are the ones that get better with age, this picture will be a later classic and will be on many other blogs and videos in the future. Remember this was the 82nd Oscar Ceremony none the less.
And last but not least, the picture on the right is a remarkable sample of good photojournalism, featuring the first female in attaining the Best Feature Film Director in the academy history. The picture reflects a milestone for this wonder woman who achieved a big goal in her life. I admire her, I admire and enjoy her moment and also I congratulate the photographer responsible for this right tilted shot, right justified framing. Illumination run on the house, however the camera had the right exposure settings, you can tell this checking on her shoulders and cheeks. If you can survive the brightness of lighter areas, you can say the exposure setup is OK. Take my word for it, as I a good observer and play with exposure settings on a daily basis.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment